Friday, June 12, 2009

First Week Reflection

This first week in Summer Scholars I have enjoyed myself. All the new people, new classes, and new friends have really made it enjoyable. The chance to meet new people and be enrolled in a college class different from high school is great. The college campus has gave me a challenge in finding parking. The parking lots are in a lot places, but at the same time if you don't want to have to walk a long ways you must leave early.
I have realized that this is a huge opportunity and I'm going to make the most of it. The class I chose was English: Autobiographical Reading and Writing. This class is about discussions and opinions more than anything else. It really is making me think and I am challenged by the writing. The professor is extremely nice and is going to make this class very interesting.
Being in Summer Scholars we have been given a service learning project. This project is about helping a 5th to 8th grade child explore their future and what they want to be when they grow up. There will be several art projects to be done. I feel like this is a great opportunity to give back to the rest of the community and may have a chain reaction from our knowledge to him to whomever he encounters in his future. I am looking forward to the rest of the time being a Summer Scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment